Hvað er innifalið?
Join us for one of Darwin's most iconic, must-do activities… a ½ Day Jumping Croc Cruise on the Adelaide River. Departing the city, we journey about 60 km southeast towards the Marrakai wetlands, home to not only an apex predator, the crocodile, but 117 different species of reptiles and 280 different types of birds. A truly exhilarating and unique experience for our guests to get up close and personal with some of nature's most powerful and awe-inspiring wildlife located in the naturally occurring waterways of the Northern Territory. This opportunity presents itself with one of only four tour operators in the area that are permitted to deal with crocodiles as they do. The team that works with these crocodiles are seasoned locals and hold a profound respect and knowledge of the crocodiles’ lives and habitats. This ensures an experience that not only gives you an insight into the life of these apex predators but offers a relaxed and educational approach in the safety of a custom-built vessel. Not only will you be able to grasp the size and power of these creatures in safety up close, you will also be surrounded by an array of other wildlife that populate the area including barramundi, white-bellied sea eagles, whistling kites, bull sharks and black flying fox. After your cruise, your tour departs the region and heads back to your Darwin hotel dropoff where the remainder of the afternoon is yours to enjoy!
Meals: n/a. Driving Distance: 120 km. Hike Distance: - n/a.
*Autopia Tours reserves the right to alter the route, boat cruise partner, and operating days due to weather, special events, boat maintenance, and/or third-party availability.
- Hassle-free transfers to/from Darwin direct, with Jumping Crocodile Cruise entry included
- Travel aboard a 1-hour small-group crocodile cruise, for an up-close and interactive wildlife experience in their own habitat
- Explore the diverse wetlands and waterways of the Adelaide River, a floodplain region identified as an important bird area
- Northern Territory is known for its diverse Australian wildlife, amongst 280 different species of birds and 117 species of reptiles
- Enjoy live commentary from a local wildlife expert, and learn about these magnificent creatures, croc biology, behaviours, and unique ecosystem.